Support on OS Migration/ Updating
CISPL involves Quickly, competently and with minimal risk carry out the migration to a latest server and client operation system and database versions.
End-to-end offering includes consultancy services, solution design, migration of applications, users and server platforms utilising the operating system Windows Server 2003 to the latest version of Windows Server (for example, Windows Server 2012).
Server hardware, which will continue to run on OS Windows Server 2003 after the cessation of support (14 July 2015), will have reduced the level of compliance with safety requirements and government regulation.
This is particularly critical for organizations operating with confidential information and personal data.
We will help you:
- develop a migration plan adapted to your infrastructure based on our experience
- assess all possible risks of the migration
- assess the possible downtime
- eliminate the possibility of data loss
- synchronize data changes that occurred during the migration process
- safely transfer data from one platform to another
- determine the duration of the migration of the server platform
- develop a necessary rollback plan for the migration scenarios
- provide staff training
In addition to developing a migration plan, we will help with the development of an implementation plan under tight time frames and with the optimization of the infrastructure based on the new OS capabilities.
Migration of client operating systems service covers the scope of migrating data between different versions of client-side Windows OS: from Microsoft Windows XP/Vista to newest Microsoft Windows 7/8.1/10. This service is designed to solve the following challenges faced by enterprise IT departments:
- Development of project plan with rollback option which is compliant with ITIL and PRINCE2 methodologies
- Risks management within the migration project
- Manageable migration process
- Elimination of data loss caused by migration project
- Customizable reports for the clear view of migration project’s progress
Migration brings the following technical benefits to customers:
- Implementation of newest technologies supported by a vendor
- Major security improvements achieved by ongoing support of newest OS versions. Newest software is designed and optimized to run on Windows 7/8.1/10
- Solving of new hardware drivers compatibility issues, which are compatible only with supported version of Windows OS. Many hardware devices and components come with drivers which does not support Windows XP
- Solving of software compatibility issues. Newest versions of software can be incompatible with unsupported versions of Windows OS
Migration of Databases MS SQL Server и Oracle:
- Migration from MS SQL 2000 to newest platforms, up to SQL 2014 (2016)
- Migration from Oracle 9 to newest platforms
- Migration from Oracle to Tibero Russian Database
Migration of servers operating systems. Migration of server platforms on the operating system Windows Server 2003 to the new version of Windows Server (for example, Windows Server 2012)
Our team brings together experts from different areas of IT. This ensures the fact that the migration of server platforms, which involves a lot of interrelated components, and the failure of even one of them can lead to large losses, we are ready to solve the problems at any level of infrastructure complexity.